PUBLIC SERVICE COUNSELLING ASSOCIATES (AKRAB)
Public Service Counselling Associates (AKRAB) is a specific name for officers and staff appointed as AKRAB members upon completion of the Basic Counselling Skills Enhancement Programme (PPKK). In Circular No. 18 for 2005 stated the application of psychology in human resource management, AKRAB must be trained at two (2) levels of PPKK. The AKRAB name is a combination of compulsory basic values for a counselling associate namely Honesty (Amanah), Commitment (Komitmen), Rational (Rasional), Morals (Akhlak) and Smart (Bestari).
AKRAB has the concept of "friends helping friends" in building team spirit, closeness as well as building each one's potential respectively. It is also a support group that emphasises upon humanistic relationships.
The robustness of an organisation depends on the commitment and expertise contributions of its members. Without the commitment of the members, the activities of the counsellors will be seen as a burden. Thus, the formation of AKRAB within the organisation is hoped to form a working group that has a strong commitment to the organisation.
- To create competent officers.
- To create a harmonious working environment.
- To help reduce the problems incurred by the officers.
- To Increase empathy among members of the organisation.
AKRAB MOTTO: EXCELLENT AKRAB, OUTSTANDING CIVIL SERVICE
AKRAB VISION: "MAKING AKRAB AS THE MOVER TOWARDS HUMAN CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT"
- To dispense guidance services to members of the organisation
- To help officers in need of help in dealing with life problems
- To act as an intermediary between officers and Psychology Officers in making problem suitability screening
- To establishing a good relationship with the management of human resources in the agency to facilitate the implementation of AKRAB activities
- To Share Knowledge and Information
- To Support Changes
- To Strengthen the spirit
- To Share Problems
- To have Teamwork Culture
- To Set Changes
AKRAB Coordinators :
Human Resource Management Division
The Latest list of members Of Rakan Pembimbing Perkhidmatan Awam (AKRAB) 2017